Following a vast literacy program in the communes of Yeumbeul North, Yeumbeul South, Malika Keur Massar, and in the rural community of Sanglekam. 3000 women supervised by 77 groups decided to federate their efforts to fight poverty and promote solidarity and service to the community by creating a federation called "Jàng Ngir Suqaliku".
The federation was officially established on October 8, 2007 by the representative of the former Minister of Literacy, Ms. Diatta
This program has been introduced in the Niayes area with the support of the PAPF since :
- In 1997, 15 women's groups were formed and constituted as an E.I.G. called Jooko-Jookkodiral
- In 2000 it is the E.I.G "Bamtare Jiggéen" ni which has set up composed of 30 groups.
- In 2003 the E.I.G "Dental Jiggeén ni" composed of 20 groups
- And by the end of 2005, 15 literacy circles
For the sustainability of these groups, the program has provided financial support to the learners to develop income-generating activities to support instrumental and technical learning.
In the same vein, the federation carries out commercial activities to facilitate women's access to basic necessities.
Mission of the Federation
To promote a dignified human life and a pleasant living environment while being useful to the community.
- Contribute to the socio-economic empowerment of women
- Facilitate access to basic necessities for households in the Dakar suburbs
Activities carried out
- Rotating credit to support the generating activities of member groups through Economic Interest Groups.
- Marketing of detergent products, foodstuffs and Jàmbar stoves (orders between 800000 and 1300000 per month).
- Participation in local and national mobilization campaigns (March 8 celebration, conferences, fight against violence against women and children and others).
- Action of solidarity between members (solidarity fund, support to the most vulnerable members, operation tabaski...).
- 100 100 households have access to federation products and services,
- 800 800 jambar stoves marketed,
- 8 8 citizen actions realized which contributed to the visibility of the Federation,
- 20 20 women trained in cooperative, management and marketing principles,
- Periodic meetings (distribution, collection; GA and others),
- Setting up a pilot solidarity store in the commune of Malika
- Opening of a mutual credit union.
- Capacity building for women and girls.
ALPHADEV contributes to the implementation of the Program for Youth Employability through Non-Formal Learning (PEJA) by conducting 10 literacy classes...
Launch of productive projects in the 5 Basic Community Schools (ECB) of ALPHADEV in the Municipality of Pékesse by the installation of poultry houses and the...
ALPHADEV participates from 21 to 22 February 2023 at the Hotel Saly Princesse in Mbour, in the launching workshop of the Senegal Program 2023-2026 of the partner HORIZONT3000....
ALPHADEV signed this Wednesday, February 15, 2023 a partnership agreement with BIOFORCE. Within the framework of its program Practical Application of Local Solidarity...
PALAM Literacy and Trade Apprenticeship Program for the Fight against Poverty. Phase II (PALAM2) Commune of PékesseProject description The program...
ALPHADEV has received an important batch of office furniture from the World Bank. This endowment is the beginning of a partnership that bodes well for the future...
Blog - Ressources
History Following a vast literacy program in the communes of North Yeumbeul , South Yeumbeul , Malika, Keur Massar and in the rural community of Sanglekam,...
As part of the partnership with the Universal Health Coverage (UHC), ALPHADEV has enrolled 320 students in its health care system.